Emily is best known from her leading role as the female Viking warrior 'BRIDA' in the epic and highly successful Netflix series 'The Last Kingdom'. Emily Cox grew up in Vienna with a British father and an Irish mother, who are both pianists. She now lives in Vienna and in Berlin. As a teenager, she thought that she wanted to become a dancer, but after performing in a play as part of her English classes during her final year in high school, she knew that acting was what she loved and wanted to do. After her graduation, she went on to study acting at the Max Reinhardt Seminar.
In 2008 she was under contract as a stage actor at the Theater in der Josefstadt in Vienna. After that, she continuously worked for German and Austrian TV and cinema. Her most important TV- credits include "JERKS", various 'Tatorts', 'Dutschke', 'Homeland' and 'A new life'. For cinema her most prominent work includes films like 'The Fatherless' by Marie Kreutzer (Berlinale), 'Die Rettung der uns bekannten Welt' and 'Head full of Honey' by Til Schweiger, 'Wuff' by Detlev Buck and 'The silent mountain' by Ernst Gossner.
- Jerks as Emily (2017-2020)
- The Fatherless as Mizzi (2011)
- Dutschke as Gretchen Dutschke (2009)
- The Silent Mountain as Elisabeth Gruber (2014)
- Futuro Beach as Nanna (2014)
- The Way to Live as Laura (2011)
- Born to Dance as Milena 'Milli' Neubert (2011)
- Rammbock: Berlin Undead as Anita (2010)
- Homeland as Claudia (2015)
- Die verlorene Tochter as Veronica Barclay (2020)