Biography[edit | edit source]
Alec Newman was born in Glasgow on the 27th of November 1974. Raised both in Scotland and England he joined the National Youth theater at 17 after injury ruled out a career in soccer. There he played various roles most notably Iago in Shakespeare's Othello, opposite Chiwetel Ejiofor. Upon finishing his training both at the NYT and then at LAMDA, Newman went straight to work both on television and in the theater, appearing in the obligatory Scots cop show "Taggart" and playing leading roles at Edinburgh's Royal Lyceum.
Playing guest leads in several of Britain's leading network shows led Newman to his debut feature G:MT Greenwich Mean Time, where he won critical acclaim for his performance. He landed the role of Paul Atreides in the SciFI channel mini series "Frank Herberts Dune" which exposed him to the US audience for the first time. Appearances on US shows such as "Angel", "Tru Calling" and "Star Trek: Enterprise" would follow.
Selected Filmography[edit | edit source]
- The Bastard Executioner as Leon Tell
- Fearless as Tony Pullings
- Greyhawk as Mal
- Waterloo Road as Michael Byrne
- Assassin's Creed: Syndicate as Jack the Ripper (Voice)
- Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III as Gabriel Angelos (Voice)
- Dragon Age II as Sebastian Vael / Seneschal Bran / Fenarel / Ser Theodore of Wildervale (Voice)
- The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings as Arthur Tailles / Additional Voices (Voice)
- Rogue as Ray Williams
- Casualty as Robert Ludlow / Craig
Appearances[edit | edit source]